- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
My Wish List In Descending Order
1. Rent for the month of January... I'm finally flat broke and waiting on public services.
2. A job I can get to or do from home in Vermont.
3. Banners or Icons for my fanfic... located here: Heartsongs
4. Read my fics if you haven't already... you might enjoy them. And comment, please.
5. If you've read and enjoyed my work, but haven't commented... please do. It's a cheap prezzie that means more than anything.
6. Fanfic - Spuffy! Or Wuffy! Any season, though I adore reunion fic after Chosen or Not Fade Away. Arrive at a relatively happy ending anyway you want... schmoopy, h/c, angst... just no bashing and no character death. My first and favorite OTP in the fandom. Any rating as the muse flies from G - Guh!
7. Fanfic - Spangel! Any combination of Spike/Spilliam/William and Angel/Angelus/Liam same as above. Any rating as the muse flies from G - Guh!
8. Fanfic - OT3 - Spike/Buffy/Angel as equals. Don't mind switching bottoms, but hate when one is pushed out.
For any of the fanfic requests: I adore plot, I adore smut... in that order. Yeah... I do likes me some plot. Could be smutty plot. I wouldn't object. I can be as easy as my favorite characters. **grins**
9. A new default icon. Spuffy is lovely with Spike's Heart as readable text.
10. For y'all to still love me after being obnoxious enough to ask for anything, and for you to have a happy whatever it is you celebrate at this coming time of the year. And a Happy New Year, to boot!
If you need to contact me for any reason, my email is spikes_heart @ yahoo.com
**goes off to check out all the other wish lists**