- Fri, 13:26: Mental Health Holiday - At a ~facility~ Detail will probably be forthcoming on my Dreamwidth and LJ. I had... http://t.co/PAR8bV2xdU
- Fri, 14:54: Mental Health Holiday - jumpingjacktrash: othercat2: At a ~facility~ Detail will probably be forthcoming on... http://t.co/MOtyohAM0z
- Fri, 18:16: Mental Health Holiday - brightblueinky: othercat2: At a ~facility~ Detail will probably be forthcoming on... http://t.co/cgHTZnCI6Q
- Fri, 19:05: Mental Health Holiday: Update - Okay, so Wednesday I did not start the day on the right foot. Dad made a... http://t.co/vK5f28sM0w
- Fri, 20:46: Mental Health Holiday: Update - jumpingjacktrash: othercat2: Okay, so Wednesday I did not start the day on... http://t.co/3XGEV3Y2U4
- Sat, 08:33: Covalent 'verse - Telescopium - Outsider POV 2/? - asukaskerian: asukaskerian: Second outsider POV for... http://t.co/cxz0NUOxyB
- Sat, 11:26: Photoset: marblesonglass: missmalice: worthyourweightinfanfiction: myindustrialvagina: NOPE When my sister... http://t.co/pjo3M2zJ3t
- Sat, 11:39: Sigh - I wish I knew more people who lived locally. If I had someone to keep my computer (so I could... http://t.co/ryL1aJCr4o
- Fri, 13:06: DFW rescue kitty help needed! via @calystarose: 3 of the kitties we were trying to rescue: Lucretia, Fennec & Kitsune http://t.co/8QUCqGTnmI
- Fri, 13:22: RT @lvdjgarcia: Curley, Moe & Shep.. RT @emokidsloveme: TADA! http://t.co/IHHTru89q4
- Fri, 14:30: POTUS gives presser, MSNBC talks about how awesome Chuck Todd is? Remembering why I've mostly stopped watching "news".
- Fri, 14:33: The "Crazy Season" started in August 2008, and hasn't ended yet.
- Fri, 14:40: Switched from MSNBC to HGTV. It's more substantive.
- Fri, 14:50: @VictoriaDahl Saw this and IMMEDIATELY thought of you: http://t.co/NxWZtsdgAc Do I *get* you, or what? :D
- Fri, 15:48: I swear, Geocities closed down, & tumblr layout designers felt compelled to fill the gap.
- Fri, 15:48: RT @AP: MORE: Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban: http://t.co/TvWzc9xyZ1
- Fri, 15:54: RT @chrisgeidner: Breaking: Federal Judge Rules Utah Ban On Same-Sex Couples Marrying Is Unconstitutional http://t.co/7kehQdMej8
- Fri, 15:55: @chrisgeidner much prefer tweeting YOUR article than AP's :D
Basically all I get are incredibly vague Wikipedia pages, or else astrologers discussing present day astrology, or discussions of Zoroastrian views on Astrology.
What I want to know is if there have been seriously scholarly works on 1st century (Pre-Sassanid) Zoriastrian / Persian astrology. Especially comparative works comparing Western (or Greek) astrology of the time with Persian astrology. Translation work would be best, but pointers to anything in particular would be appreciated.
I know this is a really hyper-specific question, but I really have no idea where else to even ask about it.
A discussion of how "enthusiasm" spreads rapidly online, and how corporations struggle to understand it and turn it into profit. The iconic Jayne hat is one of the article's central examples.
Now let's hope that it doesn't suck *crosses fingers*
This entry has been crossposted from Dreamwidth, and it currently has replies there. Comment on whichever site you prefer.
However, Craig is the best. He made a point of saying to me this morning, "Delegate. I know you do most of the work around here, but delegate so you don't have to." Love him.
Yesterday, we discovered a new games store (physical games not electronic) that's got me all excited. Everything I love in one concentrated place. It's not close, which is both good and bad. I think Alex and I would spend a lot of time there, otherwise, lol. But it's funny. Walking into game stores always makes me feel like I'm coming home. I understand those people better than anyone else in the world. What was slightly disconcerting was discovering that the magic cards I played with in college are apparently worth a ton of money right now. I tried to stress that we *played* with our cards, we didn't collect him, and the guy was basically, "Doesn't matter." It's been so long and some were only made for short periods that a single card can be worth over a grand. And I have shoeboxes full of them. Most of them were commons that aren't going to be worth anything, but hell, even if only a handful have value, that's a nice chunk of change for the kids' college, lol.
*prepare ingredients for super-awesome "welcome home, boys!" dinner
(typing it out now makes it look like there really isn't much to do, but it feels so much bigger. I know if I would just stop procrastinating, I could get this stuff done in no time at all, but ... yeah. A says this behavior is self-sabotage. maybe it is. I have some time, so I should just tackle these...)
the post at dreamwidth | comments | comment there
- Current Mood: good
It's been so busy for the last few weeks that I was knackered on Friday and ended up falling asleep at 9.30, but feel soooo much better for a long sleep.
Today we have been mostly cleaning the house, sorting out the last bits and pieces of the decorations and FINALLY hanging the outside (very simple) house lights. It's been incredibly wet and windy the last few days and that was a job that had to be put off every time we tried to do it.
This morning a friend came round for a coffee and a catch up and then I went to the hairdressers so my hair is now FABULOUS DAR-LING. This evening friends and neighbours will be popping in for our annual get together. I don't think many people are coming this year for various reasons, but no matter as those that do come will be very welcome.
There is one slight glitch in that we have rather been sucked in by Strictly Come Dancing this year - we started watching it for the Hairy Biker Dave and then had to see how far Patrick got, and I do rather like Sophie Ellis Bextor, and so have continued to watch right up to today when it's the final. We're going to have to record it and watch it tomorrow.
In the meantime, Youngest Cee is home and Eldest Cee is going to come home for a week long visit from tomorrow, so I shall have all my boys with me. The presents are wrapped, the food is either bought or will be delivered on Monday, there have been lovely f-list Christmas cards delivered (THANK YOU!), and everything is nearly ready for the big day.
And I have been taking photos for the Capturing December meme, so I will have to get around to posting those tomorrow I think.
Happy Saturday all!
- Current Mood: accomplished
Disclaimer: I don’t own these characters; too bad, so sad.
Spoilers: For 9.07, “Bad Boys” and the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Pairings/Characters: Dean Winchester, Tony/Bruce
Word Count: ~3500
Summary: Dean is beginning to think that a stint as Tony Stark’s bodyguard is just a rite of initiation.
A/N: Written for the hc_bingo prompt “bodyguard.” It would help to be familiar with Supernatural, but if you aren’t, all you really need to know is that in this ‘verse, Dean joins the military, and then SHIELD. This story is probably part of a longer fic, but this is it for now.
( Read more...Collapse )
- Current Mood: accomplished